Use your previous made Coach T Marinara Sauce to give this quick sauce a better depth of flavour, rather than just using a can of tomatoes.
By using Coach T Marinara Sauce this gourmet spaghetti sauce is quick to make but has the flavour of a longer braised meal that your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen making!
Adding chilli, cumin, and dried coriander will make a tasty Mexican style sauce that can be mixed in with black beans or shredded roast chicken to become a home-style nacho or chilli bean dish.
Got lot’s of leftovers?
Then throw them all in with some marinara sauce or into this gourmet spaghetti sauce and heat. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and within minutes you have a meal.
Gourmet Spaghetti Sauce
1 Cup Coach T Marinara Sauce (see here for recipe) or use a can of tomatoes
½ Cup chopped mushrooms
1/3 Cup Pitted Black Kalamata Olives – chopped in half
Approximately ½ Cup water or more to your desired thickness
1 tablespoon dried oregano or mixed herbs
Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Small handful of fresh basil – chopped and sprinkle on top of meal to serve.
- Place all ingredients, except the olives, into a small pot and mix.
- Bring the sauce to just boiling and then turn down the heat to bring to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally to avoid sauce sticking on the bottom.
- Simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes to reduce and until the mushrooms have softened.
- Mix through Olives and continue to simmer over a low heat for a further 2 minutes or until you are ready to serve.
- Add salt and pepper to taste preference.
- Serve over your favourite spaghetti with a sprinkle of fresh basil.